Monday, April 7, 2008

Attention Amazing Astronomers!!

As we begin our unit on Astronomy, we are going to be keeping a watchful eye on the night sky! Each night I want you to look up at the sky and notice the wonderful details. We will be writing about the night sky at school, so if you write down any notes, please bring them to school. You can look for the changes in the sky and how different the moon looks each night. We will also begin researching the planets to find out more about our Solar System. What have you noticed about the night sky? Please leave any comments or questions.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some constalations are Pisies the Fish, Leo the Lion, Gemini the Twins, and Ursa Major aka the Big Dipper.

Anonymous said...

Hi I dropped in to tell you that I I'm going to look up at the sky tonight to see stars (If possible).

Anonymous said...

I looked outside and I saw a couple stars. I could barley see them.Also I saw a airplane!

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to persuade my mom to let me look at the stars. I have seen the winter sky before, but never the spring sky, so this will be new to me.

Anonymous said...

Last night I looked outside and I saw acouple stars and a plane.

Anonymous said...

Yo!
I haven't seen anything because i'm doing this at school.



Goodbye!

Anonymous said...

hi!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked up at the sky last night it was AWSOME there were a few stars but I still really injoyed it.
P.S who`s pink scorpion everybody wants to know!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until someone steps on Mars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

In Mrs.Noonans Class we are a star light star bright
journal! I finished mine! Did you guys do one?

Anonymous said...

I just saw a cresent moon but no stars tonight.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Charlie and Polo was ssooooooooo CUTE!!!!!!!! HI!

Anonymous said...

Andrew says...Tonight I saw Leo (the Lion) constellation. It was on meridian tonight (April 10th) at 9:00 p.m. It was hard to see at first, but my mom found it. This constellation was recognized by the Sumerians, Babylonians, Persians, Syrians, Greeks and Romans. It is called an ancient constellation because it was named a long, long, long, long, time ago. Most of the constellations in the northern hemisphere are ancient constellations and the constellations in the Southern hemisphere are called modern constellations because they were named when Europeans started exploring.

Anonymous said...

Hey whats up? I think this is a great thing for teachers to have, but unfortunately my school, the middle school teachers, don't have this.

Anonymous said...

I love astronomy and Devine Diaries so much I would love to be in your class again.